Friday 20 January 2012

Good For Another Eighty Years

While Ted Coney's Family Portraits is closed, I always try and get as many jobs done as possible before I reopen. One of those jobs is getting the Morris Minor through it's M.O.T. before visitors arrive. It has to be said that it is one of the stars of the show (or tours) so it must be there, looking respendent in it's garage. This is especially so in the car's 80th year and also because I will have my painting
 'Dear Reginald Owen', which uses the Morris as a time machine, on display for the first time. Anyway, you will be pleased to know that the car passed with flying colours, with a dodgy horn and a loose lead on one indicator being the only things which needed attention. The horn would start blasting off even without me going near it, which caused some stares as I went sailing past. The car is now safetly back so I will need to give it a little clean before April.

No comments:

Post a Comment