Saturday 18 February 2012

Comings And Goings

At the beginning of the week I ordered stretchers and canvas for my new painting, ' Another Year'. It only took a couple of days to arrive and I was able to put it all together before going off to visit the grandchildren. At the end of the week Jonathan arrived (in the middle of the night as usual) to take away my current painting ' Dear Reginald Owen ' to be framed. I agonised about how far I wanted the gaps to be inbetween each canvas, so I hope I got it right. He also took away a much earlier painting ' My Dolls House ', which had been framed by my dear old dad, some thirty years earlier. As part of my quest to get the whole collection to the same professional standard of framing, I usually try and get one extra picture framed each year. Jonathan has been given the deadline of the end of March to get the framing done, so they can be on display, when Ted Coney's Family Portraits reopens on 15th April 

No comments:

Post a Comment