Friday 27 September 2013

Prickwillow Delights

Working in a phone box was not the only thing I was up to last weekend in Prickwillow (you can see the photo of that, on my Facebook page).
I also went to see a very interesting display of 1950s TV puppets in a private house, to rival my own collection. I saw Mr. Turnip, Hank, Muffin the Mule, Andy Pandy and the Flowerpot Men all made by David Leech, for a couple who had remembered these characters as vividly as I had, from their childhood. Ofcourse any puppets and dolls that I have, were all collected as source material for some of my paintings. Quite what my hosts would make of seeing all their favourite characters with pins through their limbs at Ted Coney's Family Portraits, I am not sure.
However, you can see the painting ('No More Twist') and the said TV characters in a short video on the NEWS AND REVIEWS page of my website, but keep it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment