Wednesday 8 October 2014

No Jam And Jerusalem

I realised to late that I had made a bad mistake, when I saw sixteen expressionless female faces staring back at me.
I had just done a fifteen minute X factor style audition, trying to impress the ladies of the Women's Institute and convince them that they ought to employ me. This was to  give my  lecture, 
  'On The Edge', which is about my paintings, (you can see details about it on my website) to their members.
As I only had a short time, I decided not to give them any hint of the lecture at all (well, no one had paid me to come) but to show them the  introductory film I use when visitors come to my pop-up gallery. Ofcourse then I go onto explain what the paintings are about but on it's own it just left the poor women puzzled and confused.
What had Muffin the Mule got to do with family life? Well now they will never know.
The guy after me was showing wildlife in Botswana and I am sure he got a more enthusiastic response.
Anyway, what do I want with the W.I.? I am giving my talk to the U3A in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment