Friday 16 April 2021

Recollections of Prince Philip

 'Phil the Greek is dead' This was the news I was given by a member of the railway staff as  I stepped off a train last Friday.

It got me thinking of the times I had met Prince Philip when working as Head of Art at Hills Road Sixth Form College. He came on a visit to my department in 1991 and asked (after looking around the room) if I ever through anything away. He then made an unscheduled flight into the sculpture studio and promptly banged his head on an artwork hanging from the ceiling.

Several years later when we had won an award for our work in the community, I met him again at Buckingham Palace. I cheekily reminded him of the incident with the sculpture. He laughed and  said

' Not that bloody place'.

You can see my first encounter with the Prince in the MEDIA page on my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment