Thursday 4 September 2014

Down Your Way

It was the Charles Darwin exhibition that I saw several years ago at the Fitzwilliam Museum, which inspired my painting ' Love That Dares '  (which you can see on the ART LECTURE page of my website.)
 Darwin's thoughts on animal's use camouflage to protect themselves, in his book 'Origins of the Species'  made me think about how I could translate the idea onto humans. In the event, I displayed animals in my painting too, albeit puppet ones!
 The title of my painting suggests a more hopeful sign for the future - you don't have to be one of the crowd to survive.
Anyway, we finally got to visit Darwin's family home, Down House, last weekend, and see where all his ideas and experiments were done.
 We also viewed his Billiard room and got rid of all his stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment